About our Program...
Venus ISD offers a High Quality Pre-Kindergarten Program in order to enhance student learning and kindergarten readiness.
Evidence Based Curriculum
Our Pre-K program curriculum is based on integrated components of Frog Street Curriculum for Pre-K which is an approved curriculum established by the Texas Education Agency:
a. A school district shall select and implement a curriculum for a prekindergarten grant program under this subchapter that:
1. includes the prekindergarten guidelines established by the agency;
2. measures the progress of students in meeting the recommended learning outcomes; and
3. does not use national curriculum standards developed by the Common Core State Standards Initiative.
Student Progress Monitoring
The progress of the Venus ISD Prekindergarten students is monitored throughout the year with scheduled reporting to the parent/guide guardians of our students. Besides the use of informal assessment to guide and support instruction, our teachers use CLI ENGAGE as a resource for Beginning of Year (BOY), Middle of Year (MOY) and End of Year (EOY) as a progress monitoring tool. CLI Engage is included on the Commissioner’s List of Approved Prekindergarten Progress Monitoring Instruments which measures:
• Social and emotional development
• Language and communication;
• Emergent literacy reading;
• emergent literacy writing and;
For more information on CLI Engage, please use the link provided: https://cliengage.org/public/
Teacher Qualifications and Professional Development
Each teacher for a Pre-Kindergarten program class must:
• be certified under Subchapter B, Chapter 21; and
• have one of the following additional qualifications:
• a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or another early childhood education credential approved by the agency;
• certification offered through a training center accredited by Association Montessori International or through the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education;
• at least eight years' experience of teaching in a nationally accredited child care program;
• be employed as a prekindergarten teacher in a school district that has received approval from the commissioner for the district's prekindergarten-specific instructional training plan that the teacher uses in the teacher's prekindergarten classroom; or an equivalent qualification.
• A school district may allow a teacher employed by the district to receive the training required to be awarded a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential from a regional education service center that offers the training in accordance with Section 8.058. Training may not include national curriculum standards developed by the Common Core State Standards Initiative.
The following data is collected and reported to TEA.
• Demographic data
• Enrollment in half-day Pre-K
• Sources of funding for Pre-K classrooms
• Class size
• Instructional staff to student ratio
• Type of curriculum
• Student progress monitoring tool and results
• Kindergarten readiness data
• Teacher Qualifications
• Family Engagement Plan
To report errors or issues with the website, please email email@example.com.
102 Student Drive Venus, TX 76084
P: (972) 366-3268 F: (972) 366-1826
Office Hours: 7:15am-4:00pm M-F
School Hours: 7:45am-3:30pm
Grades: Pre-Kindergarten-1st Grade